Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Texas has one of the largest economies and most-expensive infrastructure systems in the United States. Countless businesses use Texas roadways every day to provide services, deliver goods and make the money they need to grow. That’s why anyone who drives for business always needs to protect themselves. After all, a problem behind the wheel could spell trouble for the business. To protect yourself, however, you can use the indispensable benefit of commercial auto insurance.
Commercial auto insurance can protect your business in expansive ways that are essential to your business’s long-term security. But getting the right policy requires thought and commitment. At McLoughlin Agency, we’ll make the process easy. We offer quality, customizable and affordable policy options from numerous carriers, and we’ll help you research and enroll the ones that are best for you.
Common Commercial Auto Insurance Questions
Single vehicles or fleets owned by businesses need insurance as much as any other car. They represent a huge investment and businesses can’t afford to lose them. Whenever someone drives under their company’s authority, the business assumes liability for at-fault accidents that might occur. Commercial auto insurance is designed to help you cover the costs that might arise from these hazards. That way, your business won’t have to bear this cost burden alone.
All businesses, the vehicles they own and the drivers they employ differ. So, you need to tailor your commercial auto insurance to your advantage. This will mean including numerous types of coverage within your plan. Some of these include:
- Liability Insurance: When an accident is deemed your fault, this coverage help you pay for the damage you do to others (like other drivers) who weren’t in the car with you.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This plan pays for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: This pays for damage to the other party’s property.
- Hired/Non-Owned Auto Liability Insurance: This liability coverage extends to vehicles not owned by the business but used by them for business purposes. These might include employees’ personal cars or vehicles that you rent or hire to use temporarily.
- Collision Insurance: This covers damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This coverage pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Medical Payments Coverage/Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in an accident, this coverage can pay for your medical bills. Sometimes, it will cover other losses, such as lost income.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance: This insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
Additionally, other policies and endorsements might help you expand your benefits, such as:
- Inland marine insurance
- Roadside assistance & rental car reimbursement
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Gap insurance
We will work with you to determine how best to incorporate these benefits into your insurance portfolio.
Alongside your property, general liability, workers compensation and other insurance options, your commercial auto plan will help you keep your company and employees safe wherever they driver. Keep in mind, commercial drivers are required to buy auto insurance, just like all other Texas drivers.
The minimum coverage required of all drivers is:
- $30,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per person
- $60,000 Bodily Injury Liability Coverage per accident
- $25,000 Property Damage Liability Coverage
Additionally, commercial truckers or those who operate specialty commercial vehicles might face higher coverage limits. Speak to your agent to learn more.
Numerous risk factors, such as the size of your fleet, the value of your vehicles, your chosen coverage limits, location and other factors can influence your commercial auto insurance price.
Your McLoughlin Agency representative is committed to working with you to determine which policy will offer you optimized coverage, but which won’t break the bank. Our partnerships with numerous leading carriers allow us to comprehensively search the market to find you the best of both coverage and price.